Submitting the Package for Approval
Before you publish your package in Package Center and distribute it to users, you need to get the package (the SPK file) ready, make sure you have test it internally, and prepare your promotion materials if needed. Please see the below before submitting your package to us.
Confirm Package Behaviour
- It should meet our package review items. Please refer to Package review.
Free or Paid Package
In Package Center, you can publish free or paid packages. Free packages can be downloaded by any user in Package Center. Paid apps can be downloaded only by users who have a registered Synology Account.
Deciding whether your package will be free or paid is important because free packages must remain free.
- Once your package is published as a free one, you cannot change it to a paid package.
- If you publish your package as a paid one, you can change it to free at any time (but cannot be changed back to paid).
When you publish in Package Center, you must supply a variety of high-quality screen-shots to showcase your package or brand. After you publish, they will appear on your package details page, or elsewhere. These screen-shots are a key part of a successful package details page that will attract and engage users. Therefore, you may also consider hiring a professional to produce them for you.
Submit Your Package
When you are ready to publish, go to Synology website (https://www.synology.com/en-global/support/developer#apply) to apply your package.
Make sure that:
- Your package is the right version.
- You provide a download link for your package.
- You provide a package description with what it does.
- You provide a change log with what was updated in this version.
- The link to your website and the support email address is correct.
- You have acknowledged that your package meets the Developer Distribution Agreement and also the Terms of Service from Package Center.
We will have a completed and rigorous internal process to make sure the quality of the published package. There are four major processes in short:
- Receive your package and release note
- Check the scripts of the package
- Verify the functions of the package on different major versions of DSM and different models.(Checklist)
- Release the package in Package Center. In the verification stage, we will ask you to provide a brief operation manual and test scenario for testing. If there are any issues, we will feedback to your teams and provide the related information. In order to expedite the verification, We strongly recommend your QC should verify the package before submitting it.